Youth Vocational Conference
Niagara Pride, Inc. is thrilled to create and host the first ever WNY LGBTQ+ Youth Vocational Conference. Niagara Pride believes that for many, work is a fundamental aspect of one’s identify. The quest to find employment that aligns with and enriches an individual’s life can be a daunting and stressful task for anyone.
This is particularly the case for young people who are LGBTQ+, who often face unique challenges in their search to find employment that best aligns with their goals and aspirations. Recognizing these unique considerations, Niagara Pride is committed to supporting LGBTQ+ youth in finding and fulfilling their life-long passions while also being able to express and live their authentic lives while part of the workforce. In pursuit of this mission, Niagara Pride is hosting the WNY LGBTQ+ Youth Vocational Conference in Spring 2022.
• Date: Saturday, April 23, 2022
• Time: 9:00AM to 3:00PM
• A boxed lunch will be provided to attendees free of charge
• Location: Niagara Pride (inside St. Peter’s Episcopal Church), 140 Rainbow Blvd, Niagara Falls, NY 14303
• Cost: Free
During the conference, there will be four presenters from various local agencies who specialize in employment services, providing information on topics such as, but not limited to the following:
• How to conduct a self-directed vocational searches;
• to effectively utilize Career Assessments, O*Net, and local community-based job seeking resources;
• Resume writing, interview skills, and other job seeking soft-skills;
• Employment laws, discrimination, and LGBTQ+ challenges when seeking employment; and
• Diversity and inclusivity in the workforce.
Attendees for the conference must be:
• Between the ages of 15 and 21
• Identify as LGBTQ+
• Have transportation to and from the conference
• Be vaccinated for COVID-19
For the safety all attendees and presenters, all participants will be required to wear a mask during the conference. In order to maintain safe social distancing during this event, the WNY LGBTQ+ Youth Vocational Conference can only accept 30 participants. All participants need to complete a registration form online at https://forms.office.com/r/j4PQHshtMW Space is limited, and attendees for the event will be based on the first 30 registrations received. Day of the event sign up is not permitted; pre-registration is required.